Wednesday 4 June 2014

not staying on top of things

I was never good at keeping a diary so I am not surprised that my blogging stopped abruptly!
However, my life is always a leaning tower of strength - like Jenga?
When one of the bits gets pulled out that shouldn't it rocks a lot and even tumbles, it takes time to rebuild.
I may be overextending the metaphor here, but you get the idea.
So, work was stressful, building had finished so house was a mess, money was tight and grandpa was proper poorly with dodgy plumbers ignoring his request for them to complete his new wet room.

Even going to see granny was a problem when no one would tell me what days I could book in.

When I returned home with the children, husband was on a mission to decorate and furnish the new build. He has done a fab job but that left me looking after three children during a fairly wet half term.

I was looking forward to the first week back so that i could get things straight and eldest child has managed to develop shingles.

Shingles! It sound so sweet doesn't it? Its not sweet and its getting worse. Its spreading around her side and onto her back. Its painful.
On the plus side, yesterday I sat on the sofa cuddling her ( she's not usually a cuddler) and watched Harry Potter.
On the not so plus side- house is still a mess and work has become stressful again, already.
Roll on summer- I have some decorating to do.

p.s. this morning i lost my house keys. The oven has broken and the washing machine has flooded the kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment